The most important part of our services are workshops. Our workshops vary from topic to topic, as you will see in the list below. The benefits of our workshops are twofold:
- Cultivating personal awareness to realize one’s goals
- Increasing individual consciousness in a community setting
Workshop Themes and Topics:
- Release Repeating Patterns and Manifest your Desires
- Awareness Problems of the Self: Mind, Body & Soul
- Relationships and how they can work for your Awareness
- Self-Expression, Life Mission, Purpose, Goals and Careers
- Realizing our Dreams with the Help of Awareness
- Why it Doesn’t Happen: Is there something Wrong with me or with my Dreams?
How our Workshops Took off
We have started our first workshop series in Teachers College Columbia University Wellness Center with certain groups of students who needed more awareness therefore change regarding certain “repeating and problematic patterns” they might be experiencing in some life areas. As a result of our work with different student groups, we have come up with very important findings through pre and post-tests. There was a significant positive change especially in the following areas:
- Problem impact on life quality & wellbeing
- Awareness of the problematic repeating pattern
- Awareness of other recurring problems
- Awareness of the true cause of the problem
- Knowing how to tackle the problem at the 1st level
- Objective analysis of one’s lifestyle
- Knowing what to change in life
- Current motivation level to change
- Energy level in general
- Personal awareness of life as a whole
The main idea behind our workshops is that they aim at “psy-education” which is a necessary step before any change process. As an example, suppose you have a problem and you decide to get help. Before you get any benefit in terms of change and transformation, the following questions need to be answered:
- Do you know the type of the problem you are experiencing?
- Do you know the chronology of this problem, in other words, when, how and where it started to occur?
- Are you able to identify the frequency of this problem?
- Do you know how much impact this problem has in certain areas of your life such as relationships, career, finance, social, physical…etc.?
- Do you know what the true cause of this problem is?
- Do you know how to tackle this problem even at the most preliminary level?
- Do you know or have doubts about another problem that might show itself as the presenting problem such as the one you have right now?
As these questions find their answers in the workshop through effective techniques, the community that we call the “Group of Change” as a workshop cohort provides the safe space, understanding, mindfulness practice and a shared meaning of life.